About a month ago I was listening to Laura Marling’s debut album once again, and I told myself that she is due to release another one simply because I want to hear more from her. “alas I cannot swim” was ranked 16th on my top albums of ’08. However, I listened to it more in ’09 then I did ’08. If i were to redo that list, it would definitely place in my top 5. Her voice is interesting, unique and beautiful. Her lyrics are extraordinarily poignant. There is something about her that makes me think that we will regard her as the Joni Mitchell of our generation. But maybe I am talking out of my ass, and how many artists have that staying power in the state of this industry? I stumbled over to her website today and found out her new album is coming out in less than a month (march 22nd to be exact). They also have a video for her sweet ass new single. You can view it in the small version below or head on over to her website and watch the full version. This year seems to be full of amazing albums so far, and we aren’t even 2 months in. I anticipate a year of great music.
Please support the artists!!!All mp3s are provided for sampling purposes. Please treat them that way. We think that the songs we post are great, so you should listen to them, deem them to be great as well, and then go and buy the album to support the artists. Without the artists, we wouldn't have these amazing songs. Enjoy Responsibly. And if you are an artist or label and don't appreciate us promoting your music to the 25 people who read our blog, let us know and we will take down any media at your request.
- Why you should go to Bonnaroo 2014. ow.ly/tX3L0 #bonnaroo #Bonnaroo2014 #seeyouonthefarm 5 years ago
- Some lovely tunes to enjoy on this Valentine's Day up on the blog: ow.ly/tDUrR #ValentinesDay #mixtape 5 years ago
- A new mix featuring some of the best tracks of 2014 so far and some missed gems from 2013: ow.ly/tp9UB #mixtape #music2014 5 years ago
- Sasquatch 2014 lineup is now up: bit.ly/1dZP8We #sasquatch #Sasquatch2014 5 years ago
- Post-Grammy Hangover? Why not watch some of the best collaborations from last night again: bit.ly/1dJ42jh #Grammys2014 5 years ago