Please support the artists!!!All mp3s are provided for sampling purposes. Please treat them that way. We think that the songs we post are great, so you should listen to them, deem them to be great as well, and then go and buy the album to support the artists. Without the artists, we wouldn't have these amazing songs. Enjoy Responsibly. And if you are an artist or label and don't appreciate us promoting your music to the 25 people who read our blog, let us know and we will take down any media at your request.
- Why you should go to Bonnaroo 2014. ow.ly/tX3L0 #bonnaroo #Bonnaroo2014 #seeyouonthefarm 5 years ago
- Some lovely tunes to enjoy on this Valentine's Day up on the blog: ow.ly/tDUrR #ValentinesDay #mixtape 5 years ago
- A new mix featuring some of the best tracks of 2014 so far and some missed gems from 2013: ow.ly/tp9UB #mixtape #music2014 5 years ago
- Sasquatch 2014 lineup is now up: bit.ly/1dZP8We #sasquatch #Sasquatch2014 5 years ago
- Post-Grammy Hangover? Why not watch some of the best collaborations from last night again: bit.ly/1dJ42jh #Grammys2014 5 years ago
Monthly Archives: April 2011
Over the past couple months the Calgary Folk Music Festival team has been leaking one artist a week who will feature in the 2011 festival. We’ve learned that Joseph Arthur, The Felice Brothers, The Head and the Heart, Lightning Dust, … Continue reading
Lia Ices: And in the end it’s the difference of the spirit and the matter, Don’t it make you want to cry?
Lia Ices is my newest female vocalist crush. And it has nothing to do with looks, though she is quite pretty, it really is all about the voice. Ices is signed to the Jagjaguwar label and has recorded two albums. … Continue reading
Last week Lykke Li’s MTV Unplugged show was aired in the US. The performances were then made available for streaming. However us Canadians that were interested in watching these fantastic stripped down versions were instead presented with a lovely message … Continue reading
I’m enjoying this trend of new National songs coming out every month. I hope we see a few more by the end of the year. The newest, released today, is called ‘Exile Vilify’ and is from the soundtrack to the … Continue reading
Today Pitchfork Best New Music’d a new track from the Fantastic new Cass McCombs album “Wit’s End”. And as much as I enjoy that track, I can’t stop listening to the opener “County Line”. As with nearly all of Cass’ … Continue reading
With last year’s unfortunate passing of Jay Reatard, we were left with a void in our musical hearts. Jay Reatard’s music was raw and passionate and brought me back to the 90’s when raw garage pop was at it’s best. … Continue reading